Monday 16 June 2014

Pinterest Finds #2: Does it work?

For today's Monday Pinterest Finds Post I have found an easy 2 ingredient recipe for a DIY Face Scrub! All you need is Coconut Oil/Olive Oil and Baking Powder. It can be found Here


There are no specific measurements, she recommends equal parts if you plan on mixing up a large batch to keep in your shower or something.

What I did, was use a small amount of Baking Powder and a small amount of Coconut Oil just in my hand, I did this because if it does not work or I do not like it I haven't wasted a lot of materials.

Coconut Oil                                               Blended with Baking Powder 

I mixed the oil and powder in my hand just using my finger, before applying it to my face.



Rubbing the concoction onto my face in circular motions, before rinsing off with warm water.



Results:

I did this find with my sister, we both LOVED it. We found that because you are adding in the exfoliating ingredients (Baking Powder) you can customize it to your preference. I like a more aggressive exfoliation while my sister likes softer, since we have different preferences we could still use the same ingredients but in different quantities.

While I like a more aggressive exfoliation, I like to feel it working right away (I'm a taad impatient). It was still soft and moisturizing enough that it didn't leave my skin feeling sore and angry.

I will definitely be making this scrub part of my routine!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try this! love anything that I can make at home :)

    floralconstellation.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% recommend it! I am completely in love with it, it has made its way into a weekly routine for me, I love that it's so easy to make and perfect to get a better scrub if you have too!

      hugs!

      Delete