Wednesday 18 June 2014

What's in my Ipsy Glam Bag? June Edition!

It's that time of the month again, my most favourite time, when a lovely pink bubble wrapped package arrives in my mailbox inside filled with themed goodies. This months theme was "Pretty in Paradise" (The bag says Rebbecca Minkoff).


Inside my bag this month was:

NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel 

I've heard lots of amazing things about the NYX Butter Glosses but have NEVER been able to get my hands on them, I am slightly disappointed in the colour, just by swatching it just because I don't think it suits me that well. But I'm still going to wear it, test it out and give you my review of it. I know these have been out for a year, and I'm happy I finally have one!

Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Jesse's Girl is a brand I haven't heard of yet, but I am impressed. Swatching it on my hand, I barely touched the felt tip to my hand and it makes the smoothest line, it doesn't bleed and the colour is so pigmented. As far as eyeliner pens go, I'm enjoying it, and think it's the best thing for this liquid eyeliner inept girl!

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil with African Macadamia Oil
I have never used oil treatments on my hair, for being a girl with curly hair naturally my hair isn't dry, the ends aren't dry. Which means I have been lazy when it comes to caring for the ends of my hair (especially with how long it is). The instructions on the back of this tube say to use 3-4 drops on the ends of hair to mid-length. I have not tried this yet, but will have a review up when I do!

Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes
This pack of 10 Ole Henriksen wipes is perfect to try. I have heard lots of good things about this brand from around the online beauty community but thought they were too expensive to just try. I am enjoying them though- I have used two. So far so good!

Laneige BB Cushion 
I haven't heard much of this brand or product either. I am excited to try it, and really like that the sample size has a range of colours to try, along with a sunscreen. It comes with a light, medium and dark, as well as the sunscreen giving me lots of options. I am letting my sister (who is a darker skin tone then I am) try the medium one, while I sample the light, just for a different perspective when I consider if I may ever want to purchase it. The beauty of this product is that it is available at Target, which means i would be easier for me to purchase.

*For those of you who may not be familiar with what Ipsy is, it is a company founded by Michelle Phan, where for a monthly subscription a themed bag filled with deluxe sample sizes of products are mailed directly to your door. They ship to the United States and Canada, for a fee of $10 a month (In Canada it is $17 after exchange rates and extra shipping costs). You fill out a questionnaire when you sign up, describing your personal style and the bag is customized to you. More information on their website here

No comments:

Post a Comment