Sunday 8 June 2014

Sigma Spa Glove Sunday: Cleaning my brushes

A Sunday post! Woohoo

Today I embarked on any makeup addict's least favourite thing to do.. washing makeup brushes. I use a wide range of makeup brushes spanning lower priced ELF brushes to higher end Sigma ones. Some are used for certain shadows that I have a harder time picking up colour from, others are for a desired effect etc. Like every other person who loves makeup, I do not clean my brushes near as often as I should.

What I need:
To clean my brushes I need my Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove , Baby Shampoo, My iPod, (Not pictured- a hand towel), and My Brushes.

 The ONLY thing I will use to clean my brushes is the handy Sigma Spa Glove. This glove literally cuts the time needed to cleaning brushes down, it only takes me about 10 minutes to wash all my regular brushes. It has two sides with specially designed ridges and patterns to really clean either Face or Eye brushes. Each side has three separate sets of ridges- wash, rinse and refine which are different depending on eyes or face.

I use the Johnson's Baby Shampoo to clean my brushes, it is soft enough that it will not damage the hairs, but still gets an effective clean.





Drying my brushes:

I use a hand towel to dry my brushes. I fold it in half, then roll one side twice to give a ledge. I point the brushes downwards while they are drying to excess water can get out of the barrel of the brush if any got in, and also shape my brushes better then just laying them flat.


What tricks do you have for washing your brushes without having to spend a whole day doing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment