Tuesday 20 May 2014

Lip Product Addict Tag!

Bonus Post! I know I just finished tag week a couple of weeks ago, but a new one is circulating the beauty world, and I wanted to do it! It's only 8 questions and was created by Estee and Amelia (on youtube). You can find Estee's blog Here.

1. Favourite Balm/ Treatment?
I'm currently absolutely 100% in love with Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue ($4.99 CAN). I have their tinted balm/treatment in Soothing Sorbert. I picked this one for in the winter, or for when I was at work, I wasn't sacrificing colour for treatment. It is medicated which I love, and it really works. So many times in the past winter would my lips be on the verge of cracking and using this even 3 times a day (the recommended usage) and by the end of the day they were almost as good as new.

2. Best Eye Catching Red?
For pigmentation and eye catching quality I love Rimmel London Apocalips in Stellar ($5.47 USD). It is a pigmented red, that is in a lip gloss/lip stick formula, the benefits of a gloss with the coverage of a lipstick. I adore the true redness of this colour, and totally rock it when I'm feeling brave enough, I also think the packaging is super cute, so it even looks adorable in my drawer (where I sit and stare at it wishing I was braver and wore it more!)

3. Best luxury and best drugstore?
I'm not really about "all the luxurious things" life to be honest. I was a student and worked 2 jobs in my final year, and became quite frugal with my money, and I continuously look for good deals. That being said, I don't often buy myself luxurious items if I can find cheaper alternatives.. that doesn't mean when I get them as gifts I don't love the heck out of them.
Luxurious: Lancome "Love It"($24.00 CAN) A very natural shade my grandmother got me for christmas- I may have been overly excited and tried to open the wrong end.. that's why it looks like this. (mental note: when receiving nice things.. open properly)

Drug Store: NYX "Peach"($6.00 CAN) I'm not entirely sure who came up with the name for this, because it isn't really peachy, however when I saw it in the store it magically forced it's way into my basket.. I swear. In all reality, I'm using this as a more dramatic "my lips but better" colour.

4. Best MAC lipstick?
I own two, yes only two MAC lipsticks. My favourite and the one I will repurchase until the end of time, is the Viva Glam V($22.00 CAN). For two reasons, the colour and smell are amazing. The colour is that true "my lips but better" colour. I also absolutely adore the red detailing, I think it looks SO sleek, and I LOVE that the proceeds are donated to AIDS research and treatment. I have currently lost my actual one, so I'm incredibly sorry for the stock photo. I will repurchase when I am near a MAC counter.

5. The most disappointing?
This one is a Colour Lip Balm, from NYX in "Shukran"($4.00 CAN). Seeing as how it is labelled as a colour lip balm, I was expecting some colour, and what you really get is not a lot of colour. The pigmentation is really poor, it hardly shows up, I use it to use it.

6. Liner yes or no?
I do not use liner on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. It seems like a lot of work, and I understand the lasting power of it, I just don't get around to it.

7. Best gloss?
I'm not entirely sure if this classifies as a gloss, but I'm counting it as one. Maybelline Colour Elixir in "Signature Scarlet"($8.99 USD). Again, benefits of a gloss and a stick, but not as pigmented. It has a killer pigment, don't get me wrong.. It's just a lighter shade. I wear this all the time, and really love it. I even recommended it to my cousin for her wedding!

8. Something Extra!
Revlon Lip Butter in "Wild Watermelon"($4.47 USD). I love the lip butters, I am all for them, and this colour is no exception. During the summer and spring I completely see myself reaching for this at least a couple of times a week. I can't describe it, but the colour is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Great picks! I like the Lancome one, I always choose the dusty rose shades for some reason! I have the Revlon lip butter in Juicy Papaya, a very natural colour for everyday! :D

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dusty rose colours, Juicy Papaya is next on my list if it is still available!

      Delete